One Pot Fragrant Curried Fish Stew
By the wlr team
Our simple, one pot fish curry looks really impressive! At only 390 cals per portion there's room for some traditional Indian accompaniments too.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 390
- 2 spring onions
- 1 chilli pepper
- 10 sprays olive oil
- ½ tsp ginger, ground
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- 200g rice, basmati
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk, reduced fat
- 2 haddock fillets
- 200g king prawns, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Put a large heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat. Put a kettle of water on to boil. Finely slice the spring onions. De-seed and finely slice the chilli.
- Spray the oil into the pan and add the spring onion, chilli and all the spices. Saute for 4-5 minutes while stirring, until golden.
- Add the rice to the pan and combine with the spice mixture to coat. Add 800ml boiling water to the pan and stir well. Ensure you scrape the bottom of the pan with your spoon to get the lovely spicy goodness up. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Halve the tomatoes and add to the pan with the coconut milk. Simmer uncovered for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the fish into large chunks and lay on top of the rice mixture. Cover the pan for 5 minutes then add the prawns and recover for a further 5 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked squeeze the lemon juice over and carefully stir the stew to combine (you can loosen the stew with a bit of boiling water if necessary). Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
If you like Indian cuisine, why not try our other favourite Curry Recipes:
- Skinny Chicken Korma
- Aromatic Chicken Biryani
- Low Fat Chicken Chaat
- 224 Calorie Indian Vegetable Curry
Eating out can be a bit of a minefield when counting calories - Dietitian Juliette Kellow gives you some advice on eating out Indian style, and you can check calories in popular restaurant Indian menus with our Indian Calorie Counter.
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop