Creamy Cajun Style Chicken Rigatoni
This Cajun style creamy pasta is really satisfying. The creamy sauce feels like a real treat!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 531
- 2 Sm Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 20 Pumps Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Tsps Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 1 Sm Onion
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 50g Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Sm Bunch Coriander Leaves
- ½ Tsp Cornflour
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 150g Dry Rigatoni (or Penne)
- 300ml Water
- Dice the chicken into small bitesize pieces and toss with the Cajun seasoning. Dice the onion, de-seed and dice the pepper, crush the garlic, chop the coriander. Make the stock cube up to 300ml with boiling water.
- In a large non-stick pan (you'll need one with a lid), heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes until starting to colour. Add the onion, garlic and pepper and sauté until the onion has started to soften.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and rigatoni (you can substitute this for penne if it's what you have to hand). Stir to combine, cover and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes (until the pasta is almost cooked.
- Remove the lid, add a splash more stock if necessary. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and add to the pan, stir through and allow to simmer for a further 2 mins. You want your sauce to be thick enough, if still a little watery repeat the step with the cornflour.
- Once ready, stir in the cream cheese until melted through. Serve sprinkled with the chopped coriander.
|Fruit & Veg||4.1|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!