Smoky Chorizo & Butterbean Stew
By the wlr team
This easy smoky stew is full of character, high in F&V and protein. Ready in less than an hour it's hearty Spanish flavours come in at only 427 calories per serving.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 427
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100g chorizo
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- 10 sprays olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 100ml red wine
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tbsp parsley, fresh
- 1 bread roll
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Put a med/large heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat.
- Peel and crush the garlic, slice the chorizo into 0.5cm slices. Drain the beans.
- Spray the oil a medium/large heavy bottomed pan and turn on to a medium heat. Add the garlic. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle add the chorizo and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the onion and cook until soft. Pour in the red wine and continue to simmer slowly until reduced by two thirds.
- Add the tomatoes and beans, season with salt and pepper and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley and scatter into the pan when cooked. Serve in warm deep bowls with the bread.
The Mediterranean Style of eating is a great way to stay healthy and lose weight - studies have shown a range of health benefits to the Mediterranean Diet. If you want to give it a try, take a look at our 7-day Mediterranean Diet Plan.
|Fruit & Veg||4.7|
More Calorie Counted Spanish Style Recipes
You'll find lots more recipes for scrummy Mediterranean in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own side dish recipes, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop