Vibrant Chimmichuri Steak
By the wlr team
Top your favourite steak with this delicious, vibrant chimichurri dressing that you can make yourself. Served with zesty lemon potatoes and salad - all for around 400 calories.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 401
- 360g new potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli pepper
- 3 spring onions
- ½ bunch coriander, fresh
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp vinegar, red wine
- 2 steaks, sirloin
- 20 sprays olive oil
- 1 tsbp mint, fresh
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 150g salad
- 2 tbsp balsamic dressing
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Put a full kettle of water on to boil. Put a large non-stick frying pan on to a medium/high heat.
- Put the potatoes in a pan with salted boiling water on to cook with the whole lemon. The potatoes will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Peel the garlic, de-seed and roughly chop the chilli, top and tail the spring onion and cut into halves, roughly chop the coriander. Put into a food processor with the oregano, vinegar and a splash of boiling water and blend until smooth.
- Spray the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put them into the hot frying pan, turning every minute or two until cooked to your liking. Once cooked remove from the pan and place on a plate or board to rest.
- While the potatoes finish cooking, roughly chop the mint, halve the cherry tomatoes. Put in a bowl with the salad and toss with the dressing.
- Drain the potatoes and tip into a bowl, in a small bowl use a spoon or fork to squeeze the lemon (careful - it will be very hot). Combine the lemon juice with the potatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Slice the steaks into strips and serve with the vibrant green chimichurri sauce drizzled over, with the potatoes and the salad.
If you like a 'taste of Mexico' why not try our other favourite Mexican Recipes:
- Tasty Beef Tacos for a super quick weeknight meal, on your plate in only 20 minutes
- Sizzling Skinny Chicken Fajitas... a calorie counted classic for you to enjoy with all the trimmings while following a low calorie diet
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos... a new recipe that all of us in the office love!
Eating out can be a bit of a minefield when counting calories - Dietitian Juliette Kellow gives you some advice on eating out Mexican style, and you can check calories in popular restaurant Mexican menus with our Tex-Mex Calorie Counter.
|Fruit & Veg||2.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Mexican Style Meals
You'll find hundreds more recipes for Mexican food and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop