Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Great to get on the bbq or even in the oven for a family meal, these super low calorie teriyaki kebabs are full of flavor and should go down a hit with anyone who has one!
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 145
- 100ml light soy sauce
- ½ tsp very lazy garlic
- ½ tsp white rive vinegar
- 5g onion
- 50g light brown sugar
- 800g diced chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- To make the marinade, combine all ingredients, except for chicken and peppers, in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat for about five minutes or until just slightly syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Put diced chicken into large food/freezer bag and pour your marinade over the top. Seal the bag and squish around a bit to coat the chicken. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least two hours, but up to eight for better flavour, turning the bag occasionally.
- Cut peppers into 1" squares. Using metal skewers (if you decide to use wooden skewers, soak them in water first to prevent burning), alternate chunks of your marinated chicken with pieces of pepper. Divide portions evenly over 8 skewers.
- These can either be prepared over a barbeque grill or in your oven's grill.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- The very ends will turn crispy and black, but will taste wonderful!
Serve with a big portion of steamed broccoli and a serving of wholegrain basmati.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!