Szechuan Chicken Recipe
Make your own Szechuan sauce with this recipe. A low carb chicken recipe that makes 4 portions, so is a great meal for the whole family. Serve with rice or noodles of your choice.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 192
- 10g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 400g chicken meat
- 50g spring onion
- 26g red chilli peppers
- 3g garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2g ground black pepper
- 50g yellow bean stir fry sauce
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Mix the sugar, light and dark soy sauces and sherry in a jug. Put the chicken breasts in a plastic food bag then pour in the marinade. Seal the bag tightly and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Finely chop the spring onion and chillies, and crush the garlic.
- Heat the sesame and sunflower oil in a large frying pan or wok, Add the chicken and fry, turning frequently, for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chillies, spring onions, black pepper and garlic to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, stir in the yellow bean sauce and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the reserved marinade. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Serve with noodles or rice
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!