Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe
By the wlr team
Try this recipe for an authentic Asian feel. You don’t have to ring a takeaway to get good Chinese food, this sweet and sour chicken is quick and easy to make and low calories
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 12 mins
- Calories: 479
- 20g root ginger
- 3g garlic
- 30g spring onion
- 240g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 200ml pure orange juice
- 50g pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp pure clear honey
- 5g malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 5g five spice powder
- 15g cornflour
- Very thinly slice the ginger and garlic, finely chop the spring onions and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the sunflower and sesame oil in a non-stick pan or wok and gently stir-fry the onions, ginger and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir fry briskly for a further 5-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the orange juice, pineapple, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and five spice powder.
- Add the corn flour a little at a time, stirring continuously. Simmer gently for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!