Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
This is a deliciously rich recipe, you'd never guess that it's NOT packed with calories and fat! It's a gem!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 225
- 4 Sprays/0.8ml Oil, Sunflower, Spray, Fry Light
- 100g Mushrooms, Closed Cup, Average
- 100g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 100g Peppers, Yellow, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 100g Peppers, Green, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 100g Onions, Red, Raw, Average
- 4 Tsps Heaped/16g Curry Powder, Medium, Schwartz
- 400g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless, Fresh, Bettabuy, Morrisons
- 2 Tsps/8g Chilli Powder, Average
- 400g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Branded Average
- 250g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Organic, Evernat
- 2 Tbsps/60g Sultanas, Australian, Waitrose
1. Prepare ingredients. Chop chicken breast into approx 1.5" cubes. Peel the onions, deseed the peppers then chop both into approx 1" pieces, does not need to be precise! Wipe and chop mushrooms in half.
2. Spray a wok/non stick pan with a couple of sprays of the oil. Add all veg (but not tinned toms) to the pan, sprinkle two teaspoons of curry powder over veg and cook on highest setting on hob until all browned and slightly charred. Remove from pan and put on a plate.
3. Spray the pan again and add the chicken. Sprinke another couple of tsps of curry powerder over the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until chicken is browned and almost cooked through. Add the veg back to the pan, along with approx tsp of hot chilli powder (or add to desired strength) and the tinned toms. Stir, add most of the stock (hold back approx 50ml in case you need to add later). Add the sultanas, turn down to very low heat and simmer for approx 30mins. Serve. Delicious!
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!