Skinny Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
If you like curries, you’ll love this low calorie, low carb thai green curry. A mixture of chicken and vegetables served with basmati rice makes for a perfect dinner for one, or the whole family.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 238
- 2 tsp sunflower Oil
- 360g chicken breast
- 30ml water
- 100g baby spinach
- 100g green beans
- 100g green peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/5 onion
- 3g lemon grass in sunflower oil
- 20g green curry paste
- 400ml light coconut milk
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Put a piece of foil onto a baking sheet and brush the centre with 1 teaspoon of oil. Place the chicken breasts, side by side, onto the centre of the foil, and sprinkle with 30ml water. Close the foil around the chicken to make a parcel.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool slightly then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In the meantime, chop the spinach, top and tail the green beans and finely slice the pepper and garlic.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the onion, green beans and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the lemon grass,and green curry paste and stir quickly, seasoning well.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to near boiling, and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, add it to the sauce along with the green pepper and spinach and simmer for a further 5 minutes
serve with basmati rice
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!