Skinny Chicken Korma Recipe
By the wlr team
If you’re a fan of a classic chicken korma, try out this low calorie version. Its low in carbs too and at just under 400 calories you can enjoy this creamy curry without worrying about the calorie overload.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 400
- ½ medium onion
- 3g garlic
- 200g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 10g ground garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 10g caster sugar
- 125g low fat plain yoghurt
- 30g coconut milk
- 20g flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Very finely chop the onion and garlic, and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan, and gently fry the onions for 3 minutes, add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in the turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder and sugar and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the yoghurt and coconut milk and remove from the heat.
- Put chicken pieces into a casserole dish and pour over the sauce, cover the dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with the almonds before serving.
Serve with rice or naan bread.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||0.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!