Skinny Chicken Kebab & Chips Recipe
Get that authentic takeaway feel at home with this kebab recipe that’s low calorie and low fat! The whole things comes together in around half an hour so while it may not be as speedy as takeaway, its definitely healthier.
- Recipe makes: 2 kebabs
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 491
- ½ small onion
- 120g iceberg lettuce
- 80g cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 300g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 200g oven chips, frozen weight
- 100g white pitta bread
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Prepare the salad by finely slicing the onion and lettuce then dicing the cucumber and tomato.
- Prepare the chicken by cutting into medium size chunks around 5cm long by 2.5cm wide.
- Take a heavy-based non-stick frying pan and put it on over a low heat on the biggest ring you have on your hob. Once the pan has heated up add the chicken to the pan. Space it out so each piece of chicken has room around it.
- Put the chips in the oven and cook according to instructions on the packet.
- Toast the pitta bread and while hot, split open.
- Make sure you turn the chicken once it's cooked on one side. You're looking for the chicken to brown but not burn.
- When the chicken is done, split it evenly between each pitta bread and spoon half of the chilli sauce over the inside of each chicken-filled pitta.
- For each serving, put a pitta, a portion of chips and half of the salad on a plate.
This recipe assumes small pitta bread that are about 50g each but if you only have large pitta bread just cut a single 100g pitta in half along the short side to form two pitta pockets.
Serve with a Diet Coke for that authentic takeaway feel!
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!