Skinny Chicken Fajitas Recipe
A quick and easy low calorie meal, these Skinny Chicken Fajitas are sure to be a firm favourite. You even get the guacamole and sour cream for under 500 calories... and it takes less than 30 minutes!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 444
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 3g garlic
- 0.5g dried oregano
- 2g chilli powder
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 360g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- ½ medium onion
- 80g low fat soured cream dip
- 100g tomato salsa
- 80g reduced fat guacamole dip
- 8 medium tortillas
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Put the lemon juice, crushed garlic, oregano, chilli powder and 1 teaspoon of the oil into a small container with a lid. Shake until well blended.
- Cut the chicken into strips (approx 1cm wide) and put into a plastic food bag then pour in the marinade. Seal the bag tightly, shake to distribute the marinade, and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Deseed and slice the peppers (1cm wide), peel and cut onion into quarters and separate the layers.
- Pre-warm 2 ovenproof dishes.
- Put the soured cream dip, salsa and guacamole into separate small dishes ready for serving.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Once the oil starts to smoke add the onion and peppers.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes until vegetables soften and turn brown around edges. Remove the wok from the heat, transfer the vegetables to one of the ovenproof dishes and pop in oven to keep warm.
- Return the wok to the heat, add the chicken and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until browned on the outside and cooked through. Remove the wok from the heat, transfer the chicken to the remaining ovenproof dish and keep warm in the oven.
- Heat the tortillas according to pack instructions.
- When the tortillas are warm, wrap in a clean tea towel and put on a warm plate.
Put all the dishes together to serve. Keep the tortillas covered with the tea towel as you are eating to stop them from going hard.
|Fruit & Veg||1.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!