Skinny Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
Enjoy a Chinese takeaway favourite for around 300 calories! Our skinny low calorie Chicken Chow Mein is an easy meal to make and even includes 2 of your five a day. An indulgent, low calorie midweek meal to spice things up a bit...
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 6 mins
- Calories: 302
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 225g skinless chicken breast fillet
- ½ medium onion
- 6g garlic
- 10g root ginger
- 175g mange tout
- 175g egg noodles
- 175g bean sprouts
- 5g powdered five spice
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Put a piece of foil (Approx 30x40cm) onto a baking sheet and brush the centre with 1 tsp of the oil.
- Place the chicken breasts, side by side, onto the centre of the foil, and sprinkle with 30ml of water. Close the foil around the chicken to make a loose, but tightly closed, parcel.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to cool slightly, shred and set aside.
- Thinly slice the onion, garlic and ginger, and top and tail the mange tout.
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the pack instructions.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, and stir-fry the onion and ginger over high heat for 2-3 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add the garlic, bean sprouts, mange tout and five spice powder, and continue stir-frying for a further minute.
- Drain the noodles well and add to the wok/frying pan, add shredded chicken and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until piping hot. Serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||2.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!