Roasted Chicken Breast with Veggies - Gluten Free Recipe
Try out this classic roast chicken recipe at less than 300 calories per serving! This perfectly homely meal can be enjoyed any time of the week, not just Sunday’s!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 274
- 1 medium onion
- 4 carrots
- 260g sweet potato
- 160g brussel sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 juiced lemon
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Peel and slice the onion, carrots and sweet potatoes into large bite sized chunks, slice the brussels sprouts in half. Mince garlic cloves. Juice the lemon. Set all aside.
- Generously season the chicken all over with salt, black pepper, oregano, and thyme and place in a roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, carrots, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and garlic. Lightly cover with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Give them a mix to coat the vegetable pieces. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken in the roasting pan.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes, removing the foil half way through cooking. Remove the chicken from the oven, making sure it is cooked through, and let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken with fresh herb sprigs if you'd like. Serve and enjoy!
This one pan dish includes an array of healthy vegetables. The caramelization of carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, and Brussels sprouts is a delicious side to roasted chicken. Yum-yum!
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!