Roast Chicken Recipe
By the wlr team
Make the perfect roast chicken using this low carb recipe. Full of flavour and so versatile you can even use leftovers in a salad or a sandwich for lunch the next day.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Calories: 212
- 1500g whole chicken
- 3g garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 115g fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Rinse the chicken, inside and out, and dry with kitchen paper.
- Halve the garlic and rub over the chicken.
- Smear the chicken all over with olive oil.
- Grind over some black pepper.
- Wash the lemon, then juice it. Pour the juice over the chicken. Put the squeezed out lemon halves inside the chicken cavity, along with the tarragon and garlic.
- Set the chicken, breast side down, in a roasting tin.
- Put into a hot oven for 20 minutes, then turn oven to moderate. Cook for a further 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove skin, then carve a palm-sized portion for each person.
- Serve with a little juice from the pan drizzled over the top of the chicken.
Serve with lots of steamed rainbow veg. Don't forget to add the calories to your food diary. With the leftovers, you could make a chicken and avocado salad.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!