One Pot Chicken Noodles Recipe
A fantastically simple noodle recipe, definitely worth a try! Its low calorie, low fat and nutritionally balanced too. It can be put together quickly and served up in 35 minutes!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 398
- 15ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 120g Onions, Spring, Raw, Average
- 360g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, Average
- 10g Curry Paste, Mild, Sharwood's
- 1 Clove/3g Garlic, Raw, Average
- ½oz/14g Ginger, Root, Raw, Pared, Average
- 400g Coconut, Milk
- 1 Cube/6g Stock Cubes, Chicken
- 1 Block/62.5g Noodles, Egg, Dry, Average
- 2 Tsps/10ml Juice, Lime, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tbsp/5g Basil, Fresh, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
1. Turn the grill on to a medium heat.
2. Grill the chicken on both sides until cooked through. When cool, chop into bite sized pieces.
3. Peel and slice the onions into rings and slice the spring onions diagonally, peel and crush the garlic clove, grate the ginger.
4. Add to heated oil in wok or heavy frying pan, stir-fry for 2 minutes until softened.
5. Add the chicken to the pan add the curry paste and stir fry for a further 4 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk, stock made up to 1/2 pint (300ml), salt and pepper to taste, and mix all together.
7. Bring to the boil, break the noodles into large pieces and add to the pan, cover and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
9. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with basil sprigs.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!