One Pot Chicken Noodles Recipe
A fantastically simple noodle recipe, definitely worth a try! Its low calorie, low fat and nutritionally balanced too. It can be put together quickly and served up in 35 minutes!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 398
- 360g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 90g onions
- 120g spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 14g root ginger
- 15ml olive oil
- 10g mild curry paste
- 400g coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 62.5g dry egg noodles
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Grill the chicken on both sides until cooked through. When cool, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and slice the onions into rings and slice the spring onions diagonally, peel and crush the garlic clove, grate the ginger.
- Add to heated oil in wok or heavy frying pan, stir-fry for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken to the pan add the curry paste and stir fry for a further 4 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, stock made up to 1/2 pint (300ml), salt and pepper to taste, and mix all together.
- Bring to the boil, break the noodles into large pieces and add to the pan, cover and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with basil sprigs.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!