Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
This Mediterranean style chicken is low calorie and low carb. Packed full of classic flavours and makes a great dish when served with some rice or couscous.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 228
- 1 medium red pepper
- 6g garlic
- 20g plain flour
- 2g black pepper
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 80g pitted green olives
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Deseed and finely slice the pepper, and crush the garlic.
- Put the flour onto a plate, season with pepper, and roll each chicken breast in it until lightly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry gently for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly, until golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and peppers to the pan and fry gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, scraping the base of the pan to release the crusty bits, and add the olives.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Crisply cooked green beans go well with this dish.
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!