Low Fat Chicken Biryani Recipe
This low fat, low calorie chicken biryani will cure any taste for Indian food! In only 35 minutes you can cook up a wonderfully seasoned curry, plus if you have any spare it's perfect for reheating!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 261
- 50g onion
- 100g chicken breast
- 1 spray extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- 100g long grain rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200ml water
- 50g frozen peas
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Peel and dice the onion.
- In a frying pan fry the chicken in low fat cooking spray, for 10 - 15 mins, until evenly browned.
- Add the diced onions and cook until softened. sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for 1 min.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml boiling water to make stock.
- Transfer the chicken and onion mix to an ovenproof dish, stir in the (uncooked) rice and pour over the stock.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 20 - 30 mins or until the chicken and the rice are cooked.
- Stir in the peas which have been thawed and leave to stand for 2 mins before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!