Italian Style Roast Chicken Recipe
Try something exciting today with this Italian inspired recipe. Stuffed chicken roasted on top of some fresh vegetables, this recipe is sure to be a winner.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 438
- 4 Cloves/12g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 3 Tsps/3g Rosemary, Dried
- 3 Tsps/3g Thyme, Dried, Average
- 2 Tbsps/12g Lemon, Peel, Raw, Average
- 2 Med/500g Potatoes, Baking, Raw, Average
- 2 Servings/200g Carrots, British, Asda
- 240g Courgette, Raw, Average
- 2 Tbsps/7.6g Parsley, Fresh, Average
- 8 Drumsticks/968g Chicken, Drumsticks, without Skin, Frozen, Tesco
- ¼ Tsp/1.25g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas Mark 6).
2. Mix garlic, rosemary and thyme with zest of lemon. Make 3-4 cuts in each chicken leg and stuff the herb mix into the legs sprinkle each leg with salt and pepper.
3. Boil the carrots and potatoes then add to the roasting tin along with courgettes. Season well and lay chicken on top of veg. Cook for around 35 mins, basting regulary. When cooked sprinkle with lemon zest and chopped parsley.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!