Hot Nutty Chicken Recipe
By the wlr team
This creamy nutty chicken dish is great served with brown rice and veg and should fill you up for the whole evening for less than 450 calories per serving! Make as spicy or mild as you wish and tuck into this delicious meal for one, or the whole family.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 442
- 360g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 40g smooth peanut butter
- 600g cooked brown rice
- 150g light whipping cream
- 6g chilli powder
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Wash chicken thoroughly under running water.
- Cut chicken diagonally across the breast until almost sliced through.
- Thinly spread into the middle of each chicken breast a little of the peanut butter.
- Wash and boil the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Wrap each chicken breast in foil and immerse in boiling water until cooked through - approximately 20 minutes.
- Using a large frying pan pour in all the cream, add the chilli powder and heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- As the mixture begins to thicken add the remainder of the peanut butter and stir until dissolved. Leave the sauce to cool if it is ready before the rice and chicken.
- When ready strain the rice and wash with boiling water to remove excess starch and serve.
- Unwrap and serve the chicken.
- Reheat the sauce if needed but be careful or it will over thicken.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!