Herbed Chicken & Roasted Vegetables Recipe
By the wlr team
This super low carb chicken and veg recipe packs a punch with all the herbs and seasoning needed to make this dish perfect. Serve with tender vegetables and brown rice if you have the calories available.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 472
- 180g carrots
- 215g onion
- 2 garlic colves
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried ground basil
- 2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 30 sprays low cal olive oil spray
- 900g chicken thighs
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Peel and cut the carrots into 1.5 inch pieces, cut the onions into wedges, and mince the garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, basil, marjoram, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Add a bit of water or stock if you need to.
- In a shallow roasting pan, combine the carrots and onion. Drizzle (or smear) half the oil mixture over the vegetables; toss to combine and push to edges of the pan. Spray with low fat spray oil.
- Brush (or smush) the remaining oil mixture on the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken in the prepared pan.
- Roast, uncovered in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
|Fruit & Veg||0.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!