Fruity Chicken Curry & Rice Recipe
By the wlr team
This super quick and easy, low calorie recipe is a great meal to try out if you’ve got guests coming over! With a variety of ingredients you wouldn’t usually find in a curry, this dish may surprise you! Serve with fluffy basmati rice and naan bread if you have the calories spare.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 489
- 100g lean back bacon
- 1 onion
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 2g curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 28g cooking apples, peeled and cored
- 1 large banana
- 520g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 240g dry basmati rice
- Heat a large saucepan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add the diced bacon and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the diced chicken pieces.
- Brown the chicken and then sprinkle in the spices. Stir to coat the chicken.
- Add the chopped and cored apple and the chopped banana to the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 250ml of chicken stock.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes and serve with the rice.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!