Creamy Roast Chicken & Courgette Risotto Recipe
This low calorie, simple to make risotto tastes even better with the leftover chicken from the previous day's roast than it does made with whole chicken fillets.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 466
- 350g dry risotto rice
- 175ml medium white wine
- 28g onion
- 100g courgette
- 9g garlic
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 190g chicken breast strips
- Melt a small knob of butter in a large pan
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice until coated with butter.
- Add the wine and stir until evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock a ladle at a time until the rice is cooked but still with a little bite.
- Add the diced courgette and chicken in the last 5 minutes of cooking to heat through.
- The rice should be creamy but firm to the bite.
- Stir in the parmesan.
Serve with a rocket and sweet cherry tomato salad.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!