Chinese Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
By the wlr team
Full of vegetables, this low calorie, and low carb dish will not only satisfy your appetite, but will provide a healthy dose of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 241
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 15ml medium sherry
- 5ml sesame oil
- 8g cornflour
- 360g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 90g onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g spring onion
- 112g mushrooms
- 224g carrot
- 15ml corn oil
- 227g broccoli
- 1 medium red pepper
- 112g baby corn
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Make the marinade by mixing the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and corn flour together in a small bowl.
- Slice the chicken breast into thin strips.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips, cover and leave for at least 30 minutes to absorb the flavours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Peel the onion and garlic, crush the garlic and finely slice the onion. Slice the spring onion diagonally into chunks. Wipe and slice the mushrooms and wash all the other vegetables before cutting them all into suitable bite sized pieces. The carrot should be cut into thin julienne strips or matchsticks.
- Stir fry the onion and garlic in half the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and marinade to the pan, stir fry for 10 minutes, then remove the mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Stir fry the broccoli, baby corn, red pepper and carrots in the remaining oil for 5 minutes, add the spring onions and mushrooms and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Serve immediately on a bed of rice noodles or plain boiled rice.
|Fruit & Veg||3.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!