Chilli Con Chicken Recipe
By the wlr team
Try this recipe that uses chicken instead of beef in chilli. Its low in calories and tastes just as good, serve with rice or a jacket potato and a drop of sour cream if you have the spare calories.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 241
- 3 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium red pepper
- 90g red onion
- 45g red chilli pepper
- 6g garlic
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 15g tomato puree
- 4g soft brown sugar
- 1g dried thyme
- 235g tinned cannellini beans
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, de-seed and chop the sweet peppers, chop the onion, deseed and finely slice the chilli. Crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion, chilli and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue frying for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers, coriander and cumin and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, black pepper and thyme.
- Add the drained cannellini beans, cover the pan, and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!