Chicken Wrapped in Bacon with a Cheesy Sauce Recipe
By the wlr team
For a real comfort feel without the calories try this restaurant style recipe. Serve on a bed of vegetables or some boiled new potatoes for a delicious meal.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 268
- 1 rasher back bacon
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 28g shallots
- 100ml chicken stock
- 29g extra light cream cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Stretch the bacon on a chopping board and wrap it around the chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breast in a frying pan over a medium heat, with the diced shallot, and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place the chicken and shallot in a small oven proof dish and pour over the chicken stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour off the chicken stock into a small pan, stir in the soft cheese and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid, keeping the chicken warm.
- Serve the chicken sliced on a bed of vegetables with the reduced cheese sauce over the top.
Don't forget to add the calories for your veg.
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!