Chicken Wrapped in Bacon with a Cheesy Sauce Recipe
For a real comfort feel without the calories try this restaurant style recipe. Serve on a bed of vegetables or some boiled new potatoes for a delicious meal.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 268
- 1 Rasher/31g Bacon, Back, Dry Cured, Average
- 1 Breast/100g Chicken, Breast, Fillets, Skinless & Boneless, Raw, Average
- 28g Shallots, Raw, Average
- 1 Serving/29g Cheese, Soft, Extra Light, Low Fat, BGTY, Sainsbury's
- 100ml Stock, Chicken, Home Prepared, Average
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/200oc/fan oven 180.
2. Strech the bacon on a chopping board and wrap it around the chicken breast.
3. Place the chicken breast in a frying pan over a medium heat, with the diced shallot, and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
4. Place the chicken and shallot in a small oven proof dish and pour over the chicken stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Pour off the chicken stock into a small pan, stir in the soft cheese and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid, keeping the chicken warm
Serve the chicken sliced on a bed of vegetables with the reduced cheese sauce over the top
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!