Chicken & Veg Curry Recipe
By the wlr team
Don’t order a takeaway every time you’re craving a curry, make this basic chicken curry recipe for a low fat, calorie counted meal. Homemade always tastes better.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 256
- 300g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium onion
- 250g carrots
- 1 medium aubergine
- 6g garlic
- 25g mixed chilli peppers
- 18g curry powder
- 50g dried red lentils
- 454g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 5g fresh coriander leaves
- 20g chicken stock cubes
- Heat a large non stick frying pan and add a tablespoon of oil, fry onion untill soft then add garlic, chilli and chicken and fry until chicken is brown
- Add curry powder (mild medium or hot). Mix it around until it coats the chicken and then add in the other ingredients, except the coriander.
- Make up the stock cubes to make 300ml of chicken stock and add it in.
- Stir it all together and put the lid on and leave it for about an hour or until everything is cooked.
Serve with rice/potatoes or naan and garnish with coriander
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||4.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!