Chicken Tikka Masala with Rice
From wlr's book Build-Your-Own Delish Diet Plan
Why rush to the takeaway when you can easily rustle up a delicious serving of our homemade chicken tikka masala... Guaranteed to satisfy your craving for both curry and comfort food - it's a steal at well under 500 calories (rice included!)
This recipe is included in our Autumn Slimdown Diet Plan
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 467
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 4 x 100g chicken breast fillets
- 50g Patak's tikka masala paste
- 1 tsp ginger
- 200g passata
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 125ml natural low fat yoghurt
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed basmati rice
- Bunch of fresh coriander (20g)
- Chop the onions. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok that has a lid. Add onions and fry gently, stirring frequently, for 12 mins.
- Meanwhile deseed and finely slice the chilli, crush garlic, chop pepper and cut chicken into chunks.
- Add pepper, chilli and garlic to the onions, cook for a minute. Add tikka paste and ginger and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. Add chicken and stir in well, pour in passata and stir in chutney.
- Put the lid on the pan and simmer gently for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if it looks too dry.
- Pop the rice in the microwave. A minute before serving, stir yoghurt into the curry.
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped coriander.
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You can take your choice from hundreds more tasty chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken dinners, give it a try!
This recipe is just one of the 30 delicious dinners in wlr's new book... Featuring quick-and-easy, calorie counted meals - there's ideas for scrummy breakfasts and luscious lunches too! Discover how to eat well and lose weight