Chicken & Sweet Potato Bake
This delicious one tray bake is perfect for the whole family and contains 3 of your 5 a day too! It's really easy to make with a good amount of fibre and protein.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 324
- 400g unprepared sweet potato
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g skinless chicken breasts
- 250g broccoli
- 150g fine green beans
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 150ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Peel and cube the sweet potato into 1 inch pieces. Place into a large roasting tray with 1 tbsp of the oil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Put a large frying pan over a medium-high heat with the other tbsp of oil.
- In the frying pan fry each of the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Cover and set aside once cooked.
- Cut the broccoli into bitesize florets, trim the ends off the green beans and roughly chop the red pepper. At this point chop or tear the chicken fillets into bitesize chunks.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and turn over all the sweet potato. Add in all the other veggies and the chopped chicken and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make up the 150ml chicken stock.
- Turn over everything in the pan and pour over half the stock. Add more stock if it looks too dry in the next roast.
- Roast for another 5-10 minutes or until everything is thoroughly cooked, making sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
|Fruit & Veg||3.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You can take your choice from hundreds more tasty chicken and salad recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken dinners, give it a try!