Chicken Stew with Pumpkin and Potatoes Recipe
By the wlr team
Enjoy this tasty chicken, pumpkin and potatoes stew, simple to make and low in fat. Make a big batch and then freeze it for a quick and easy dinner in the future.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Calories: 344
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g skinless chicken breasts fillets
- 320g pumpkin
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 250ml white wine
- 240g maris piper potatoes
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and finely dice the onion, garlic, carrot and celery.
- Heat the oil large pan over a medium-high heat, add the chopped vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces; peel and dice the pumpkin.
- Once the vegetables are starting to soften add the chicken, pumpkin, chopped tomatoes and wine.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for approx 1 hr.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and add to the pan, bring back to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes (until potatoes just soft).
This recipe can be divided into individual portions and frozen for up to 3 months as a pre-prepared ready meal.
|Fruit & Veg||5.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!