Chicken & Sausage Casserole Recipe
This protein heavy casserole dish is packed full of flavour. Low fat and low in carbs you’ll be making it again and again, and with only one pot to cook in, you’ll save time on the washing up too!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 393
- 50g onions
- 6g garlic
- 120g fresh baby carrots
- 2 peppers
- 400g 95% fat free pork sausages
- 520g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1ml low calorie oil spray
- 10g medium curry powder
- 400g passata
- 12g chicken Bovril
- 1 tsp sweetener
- Peel and finely chop the onion, crush the garlic, cut the carrots into bite- size pieces, deseed and chop the peppers, roughly chop the sausages and chicken.
- Spray a pan with low calorie spray oil and cook the onion, garlic, sausages, chicken and curry powder for 2- 3 minutes. Stir in the carrots, peppers, passata, stock and sweetner.
- Bring back to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 - 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste and ladle into four warmed bowls.
This recipe makes 4 generous portions so if you're cooking for one, store leftovers in the freezer and just reheat in the future.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!