Chicken Satay Skewers With Lemon Grass And Herb Rice Recipe
Some low fat Indian chicken skewers served on a light bed of rice. Utilize this recipe to stop you from picking up the phone and ordering a takeaway.
- Recipe makes: 2 skewers
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 472
- 100g dry brown basmati rice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp pure clear honey
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 300g mini chicken breast fillets
- 2 lemon grass stalks
- 3 sprays low calorie oil spray
- 40g fresh coriander leaves
- 56g fresh chives
- 1 red roasted pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Mix the honey, lime juice, curry powder, soy sauce and garlic together in a bowl until combined. Add the chicken pieces and toss together to coat.
- Leave for at least half an hour to marinate.
- Divide the chicken pieces into two and thread onto the lemon grass stalks.
- Heat the spray oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle and sear the chicken skewer in the pan for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Drain the rice and return to the pan.
- Stir through the coriander, pepper slices, chives and seasoning to drizzle with oil. Stir together and heat for 1 minute.
- Spoon the rice onto plates and serve the chicken satay on top.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!