Chicken Curry & Rice Recipe
By the wlr team
Enjoy a low calorie classic chicken curry filled with spices and served on a bed of fluffy basmati rice. Accompany with popadoms and dip, or naan bread if you have the extra calories spare! A classic dish that’s a perfect meal for the whole family.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 446
- 220g onions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 pods whole green cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp minced Nishaan garlic
- 5g minced Rajah ginger
- 468g diced chicken breast
- 10g ground turmeric
- 10g paprika
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 20g fresh coriander
- 560g cooked Basmati rice
- Peel and dice the onions.
- Heat oil in pan until really hot then add the cardamom and cinnamon for about 20 seconds then discard.
- Take off the heat, and add minced garlic and ginger and add the onions and stir. Cook onions on a medium heat for about 10 mins, covering pan to allow the juices to flow and until they are lightly browned.
- Add diced chicken and turmeric and paprika, stirring well. Then add the rest of the spices keep stirring, take off the heat if you have to, if you think it is getting to hot.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, chopped coriander and mix well. Simmer for around 20 mins or until the chicken is soft.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You'll find hundreds more low calorie chicken and curry recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken favourites, give it a try!