Bang Bang Chicken Recipe
This quick and easy chicken recipe is a great addition to any meal, full of punchy Asian flavours. Serve up with some fluffy white rice or even add a crunchy salad.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 374
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 30ml Mitsukan rice vinegar
- 20g root ginger
- 30ml sweet chilli sauce
- 80g romaine lettuce hearts
- 100g closed cup mushrooms
- 100g carrots
- 125g spring onions
- 160g red pepper
- ½ pack fresh bean sprouts
- 25g crunchy, wholenut peanut butter
- 10g chilli
- 25g fresh coriander leaves
- 50ml fresh lime juice
- 6g salted peanuts
- Take the little fillet off the chicken breast, then slice the breast as if to butterfly it but keep going so you cut it in half flat-ways.
- Put the three chicken pieces into a pan with the rice wine vinegar, 150ml of water, grated ginger and sweet chilli sauce.
- Season well and poach on a high heat for about eight minutes, turning after five.
- Use this time to prepare your vegetables.
- Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and lift the pieces out of the pan, retaining the poaching liquid. Stir the peanut butter into the liquid, with the chilli, basil, coriander, lime juice and two tablespoons of water. Mix well, taste and season.
- Roughly shred the chicken and mix everything together in a big bowl, thoroughly coating it all with the dressing. Finish with a handful of peanuts.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||5.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You can take your choice from hundreds more tasty chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken dinners, give it a try!