Asparagus with Chicken & Rice Salad Recipe
This chicken and asparagus risotto is packed full of protein and delicious flavours. A low carb recipe that is easy to make and sure to impress your significant other.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 459
- 225g asparagus
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 225g brown basmati rice
- 3 tsp chives
- 25g sultanas
- 100g red onions
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 225g fat free fromage frais
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Clean and trim the asparagus. Put on a pan of water to boil.
- Slice chicken breast and fry in a half the oil for a 3-4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes more until everything is cooked. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once water is boiling, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet, then drain, rinse with boiling water from the kettle and cover with a tea towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside
- Toss the chives, sultanas and two thirds of the red onion together.
- Use the oil in the pan you used earlier, add the remaining onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the curry powder and turmeric and stir over the heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the wine, 100mls water, bring to the boil and add the orange zest. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture has reduced to half.
- Arrange chicken and asparagus on serving plates.
- Toss the rice, herbs and vegetables together.
- Mix the curry sauce into the fromage frais and season to taste. Stir the dressing to the rice and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the rice to the plate and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Chicken
You can take your choice from hundreds more tasty chicken recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own chicken dinners, give it a try!