Skinny Eggs Benedict Recipe
This is an ultra-low calorie variation on the classic that swaps the ham for asparagus. It comes together in only 25 minutes so its perfect as a snack, brunch or starter on any occasion.
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 150
- 3 slices white bread
- 3 eggs
- ½ pack hollandaise sauce mix
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 180g asparagus
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cut the crusts from three slices of plain white bread until each one weighs about 15g and then toast until just browned.
- Poach the eggs until the outside is done but the yolk is still soft.
- Make up the hollandaise sauce with the skimmed milk. (Note that the instructions on the packet include butter but this is not needed for this recipe.)
- Boil the asparagus until it is starting to soften.
- For each serving, place the bread on a plate, arrange the asparagus spears on top of the bread and then top with the egg. Pour over a third of the sauce and top with freshly ground black pepper.
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Breakfast
You can take your choice from hundreds more yummy breakfast recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own best breakfast, give it a try!