Higher Protein Pancakes Recipe
By the wlr team
Made with extra eggs and part wholemeal flour, our "pimped-up" pancakes are higher in both protein and fibre - to keep you fuller for longer. Try them topped with fresh raspberries and a drizzle of chocolate sauce (as in our Get Slim for Spring diet plan)
- Recipe makes: 8 pancakes
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 99
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 50g plain flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 16 sprays low calorie olive oil spray
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Measure the wholemeal flour and plain flour into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and crack in the eggs.
- Whisk slowly, adding a little of the milk at a time to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add a couple of sprays of oil, then quickly pour in a ladle of pancake mixture and gently swirl the pan to lightly coat the bottom.
- Cook for 20-30 seconds (or until pancake starts to loosen from pan).
- Flip the pancake and cook for a further 10-15 seconds (or until underside golden).
- Either serve immediately or set aside whilst cooking the remainder of the mixture.
Any surplus mixture can be kept in the fridge overnight.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Breakfast
You can take your choice from hundreds more yummy breakfast recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own best breakfast, give it a try!