Omega Rich Muesli - Gluten Free Recipe
Start your day off right with this gluten free high fibre muesli. Pre-make a big batch and you can enjoy this low calorie muesli all week long, serve with milk or low fat yoghurt.
- Recipe makes: 10 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 371
- 240g Breakfast Cereal, Oats, Average
- 60g Coconut, Shredded, Sweetened, Dried, Average
- 2 Tsps/6g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Average
- 80g Seeds, Sunflower, Average
- 80g Seeds, Pumpkin, Average
- 150g Syrup, Maple, Average
- 1 Tsp/4g Vanilla Extract, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Coconut, Average
- 50g Cranberries, Dried, Sweetened, Average
- 85g Linseeds, Average
- 60g Walnuts, Halves, Average
MethodHomemade muesli makes a quick breakfast, snack, or pick-me-up. This version is filled with healthy fats and less sugar than the packaged kinds.
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add oats, coconut, cinnamon, salts, nuts, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Mix with a spoon thoroughly. Divide the mixture onto the two baking sheets and spread evenly.
4. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Since oven temperatures vary, check muesli often to be sure it doesn't burn. Remove from oven when done baking. Add linseeds while muesli is cooling but pan is still hot.
5. Allow the muesli to cool completely.
6. Once muesli is completely cooled, add the muesli to a large mixing bowl and add the dried cranberries. Mix well.
7. Store and divide into even containers or storage bags for a quick and easy breakfast. Enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Breakfast
You can take your choice from hundreds more yummy breakfast recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own best breakfast, give it a try!