Low Calorie Traditional English Recipe
Try this low calorie spin on a traditional English breakfast. The perfect meal for a weekend brunch and you don’t have to worry about the calories too much.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 275
- 1 medium egg
- 25g back bacon
- 28g tomato
- 80g baked beans
- 1 medium slice wholemeal bread
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Turn the grill on to a high heat.
- Place 2.5 cm (1 in) of boiling water from the kettle into a deep frying pan and place over a low heat until tiny bubbles appear.
- Crack the egg directly over the water and slide it gently in – the fresher the egg the better (less than 3 days old), as it will stay more in shape, an old egg will be runnier and not hold together well. After 1 minute, turn the heat off from under the pan and let the eggs sit for a further 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, remove excess fat from the bacon and slice or quarter the tomatoes. Place under the grill until both are cooked to your liking.
- Heat baked beans as per the can instructions.
- Toast the bread.
- When the eggs are ready and the bacon, beans and tomatoes cooked, add them to the toast, serve and enjoy!
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Breakfast
You can take your choice from hundreds more yummy breakfast recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own best breakfast, give it a try!