Cheese & Tomato Toastie Recipe
By the wlr team
Never feel like you have time for breakfast or lunch? With this cheese & tomato toastie you’ll always have time! This low calorie toastie only takes 5 minutes to prep and cook. If you have a little more time, why not serve with a side salad and some low fat dressing or salsa.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 3 mins
- Calories: 260
- 170g tomatoes
- 2 slices thin wholemeal bread
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 28g grated medium cheddar cheese
- Turn the grill onto a high heat.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Toast the bread lightly on both sides.
- Arrange the tomato slices on top of the bread, drizzle the Worcestershire sauce over, and sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Place under the grill until the cheese is bubbling.
Great with a dessert spoon of chunky salsa and a salad if you want to turn this into a midday meal.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Breakfast
You can take your choice from hundreds more yummy breakfast recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own best breakfast, give it a try!