Spicy Bolognese Sauce Recipe
A great seasoned, thick and hearty sauce to add to a Bolognese or to serve with rice, veg, pasta or anything you fancy! This classic low calorie meal is simple to make so you can’t go wrong!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 291
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400g smooth passata
- 1 dry beef oxo cube
- 6g garlic
- 125g red onion
- 125g carrots
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 spray oil
- 227g frozen peas
- 250g closed cup mushrooms
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Dice the garlic, onion, carrot, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Dry fry the mince in a pan until browned then drain the excess fat through a sieve.
- Spray the pan with spray oil, fry the onion, garlic and carrots for about 5 mins.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and red pepper, cook for another 5mins.
- Add the mince and stir the ingredients together.
- Crumble the oxo cube, add the chilli flakes (optional) and mixed herbs and stir through.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, the passata, sweetener and peas, stir well.
- Simmer for 30 - 40mins.
Serve with vegetables, pasta, rice what ever you fancy.
|Fruit & Veg||4.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!