Slow Cooker Beef Casserole Recipe
This low fat beef casserole is the perfect meal to warm you up on a cold evening and to serve to family and friends! Serve with creamy mash and a salad, but don’t forget to add the calories!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 hrs
- Calories: 259
- 150g carrots
- 150g leeks
- 150g button mushrooms
- 500g potatoes
- 440g lean stewing steak
- 400ml stock cubes, made up with water
- 2 tsp gravy granules
- Chop, peel and dice all the vegetables and put into a slow cooker.
- Brown off the diced casserole beef in a non stick pan (no need for oil.)
- Make up 400ml of stock using the 2 stock cubes.
- Add the stock and beef to the slow cooker and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of gravy granules.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
This recipe makes 4 servings so if you're cooking for yourself you can freeze the other 3 portions and use them as ready meals throughout the week.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and casserole recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!