Shredded Chilli Beef Recipe
By the wlr team
This quick and easy low calorie dinner is jam packed with flavor and can be made a hot and spicy as you’d like! You can serve this dish with either noodles or rice, which ever you’d prefer but don’t forget to log the extra calories!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 295
- 400g lean beef sirloin steak
- 200g carrots
- 75g spring onions
- 2 medium red chilli peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 28g plain flour
- 3g salt
- 3 tbsps white rice vinegar
- 30g fructose sugar
- 15ml light soy sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100ml water
- 5g cornflour
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cut steak across the grain into thin strips.
- Peel and chop the carrots and onions into thin batons.
- Prepare and thinly slice the chillies (discard seeds and wash hands). Crush the garlic.
- Heat oil until smoking.
- Place flour and salt into a bag and toss steak in, covering evenly.
- Stir-fry steak for 4-5mins until steak is crispy.
- Remove steak with slotted spoon and rest on sheets of kitchen roll.
- Stir-fry carrots for 1 min then add onions, garlic and chillies stir-fry for another minute. Add sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and stock cube crumbled in water. Bring to boil.
- Blend corn flour with tbsp water add to veg mix and simmer till thickened.
- Add steak back into wok and stir through till covered with sauce.
Serve with rice or noodles
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and steak recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!