Speedy Mexican Beef Tacos
These tasty, beef tacos take only 20 minutes - great for a midweek meal. Recipe includes a speedy, homemade salsa, simple side salad and guacamole... Add a low fat salad dressing (12 cals per tbsp).
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 445
- 400g extra lean beef mince
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 8 tbsp guacamole
- 1 large can sweetcorn
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix (30g)
- 8 taco shells
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 Little Gem lettuce
- Dry fry the mince over a medium-high heat until browned (approx 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the salsa: finely chop 4 tomatoes, add the crushed garlic and the juice of 1 lime. Mix and set aside.
- Make a quick side salad: shred the lettuce, quarter the remaining tomatoes and slice the peppers.
- When the mince is browned, add the sweetcorn, taco seasoning mix and 2-3tbsp water.
- Stir and bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. (Keep an eye on it, if it looks a little dry, add a little more water).
- Once the mince is cooked, take it off the heat and squeeze in the juice of the other lime.
- Divide the mince and salsa between the taco shells and top each with a tablespoon of guacamole.
- Serve with the side salad.
|Fruit & Veg||5.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!