Cottage Pie Special Recipe
By the wlr team
Made with traditional ingredients and flavours this low calorie version of cottage pie is full of protein and even serves as 1 of your 5 a day!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 421
- 90g onion
- 40g celery
- 454g white potatoes
- 336g extra lean beef mince
- 1 beef stock cube
- 200g tinned mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp basil & thyme herb cube
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- 28g butter
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Turn the grill onto a medium heat.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Chop the celery.
- Peel and cut the potatoes and place in a pan of water.
- Stir fry the mince beef (starting slowly to release fat) until it is browned, breaking up any lumps, then add the onion and celery and stir fry briskly for 5 minutes.
- Add 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) water, the (crumbled) stock cube, mixed vegetables and herbs, then stir, cover and simmer whilst you cook the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk and butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the beef mixture to an ovenproof dish, spread the mashed potatoes over the top, and fluff the surface with a fork.
- Grill until golden brown.
Serve with your favourite steamed vegetables, and this is particularly tasty with broccoli or green beans.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!