Comforting Homely Cottage Pie
By the wlr team
Can you get a more homely dish than a piping hot cottage pie? Now you can enjoy this classic meal for less than 415 calories! Serve up with a nice pile of veg to complete your healthy dinner. If you’ve cooked a little too much, freeze it and you’ve got some pre made lunches ready!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 414
- 70g onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g potatoes
- 115g extra lean beef mince
- 150ml beef stock, made up
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15ml skimmed milk
- 25g reduced-fat cheddar grated cheese
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Preheat grill to medium hot.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Peel potato and cut into large chunks.
- Dry fry the mince beef until brown. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic and fry until soft.
- Stir in 150ml/¼ pint beef stock, 1tbsp tomato puree and 1tsp Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the gravy has thickened.
- Boil the potato and when cooked, mash with 1 tbsp skimmed milk.
- Transfer the mince to an oven-proof dish, reserving some of the gravy, and top with the mash and 1tbsp grated cheese.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese melts.
Serve with vegetables and the remaining gravy.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!