Chilli Con Carne Recipe
By the wlr team
This classic low calorie chilli con carne is the perfect meal to make and save for the rest of the week! Enjoy as a delicious meal and then take leftovers to work with you! If you have calories spare, serve with crispy garlic bread or a side salad with low fat dressing.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 256
- 1 onion
- 160g red pepper
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 400g can red kidney beans
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Prepare and chop the peppers
- Take the chopped onion and dry fry until soft, then add minced beef and cook till browned.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain kidney beans and rinse then add the beans and peppers.
- Add 1 tbsp tomato puree, choppeed tomatoes and two beef stock cubes dissolved into quarter pint of boiling water. Stir into mixture with 1 tsp chilli powder. Bring to boil and simmer for ten minutes.
Serve with boiled rice or jacket potato etc. Double up the ingredients and you'll have some ready made portions to pop in the freezer.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!