Chilli Con Carne Recipe
Serve this classic chilli con carne with rice and a simple salad for a well balanced meal. This low calorie dish is great to warm you up on those cold winter days.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 188
- 90g Onions, Raw, Average
- 10ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 410g Tomatoes, Plum, in Tomato Juice, Average
- 480g Beans, Kidney, Red, Canned, Drained, Average
- 4g Sugar, White, Granulated, Average
- 227g Beef, Mince, Lean, Raw, Average
- 2 Med/320g Peppers, Green, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 2 Cloves/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 15g Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp/1g Oregano, Dried,
MethodGreen peppers are rich in vitamin C and the chilli powder contains capsaicin which along with the garlic make this a healthy dish. Eat it as a winter warmer or as a muscle building dish.
1. Prepare and chop the vegetables, peel and crush the garlic.
2. Drain the kidney beans.
3. Gently stir-fry onion, peppers and garlic, in the oil for five minutes until softened.
4. Add the mince and chilli powder, and fry for a further five minutes, stirring to break it up and prevent sticking.
5. Add the tomatoes, oregano, kidney beans and sugar.
6. Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
If you like chilli that bites back use hot chilli powder, if you prefer a more subtle sensation then opt for the milder version.
Serve with wholemeal rice and a green salad
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!