Chilli Con Carne Recipe
Why not try this tasty Chilli Con Carne! It is packed with Protein and it has almost 4 portions of fruit and vegetables per serving. It’s so easy to make and very quick too!
- Recipe makes: 3 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Calories: 477
- 400g Beef, Mince, Steak, Raw, Average
- 1 Can/180g Beans, Kidney, Red, Canned, Drained, Average
- 2 Med/360g Onions, Raw, Average
- 1 Cube/7g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Average
- 6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Green, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 130g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Branded Average
- 30g Tomato Puree, Average
- 2g Pepper, Cayenne, Ground
- 10g Oregano, Fresh
- Roughly chop the onions and garlic.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or casserole dish, cook the onions in a little olive oil until they soften.
- Add the garlic and minced beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned. Turn up the heat and add stock.
- Simmer rapidly for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced, then add all the other ingredients.
- Break the tomatoes up with a wooden spoon. Cover the saucepan and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour. Check occasionally to make sure it ‘s not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Season with black pepper and extra cayenne pepper to taste.
|Fruit & Veg||3.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!