Bolognaise Sauce Recipe
Try this great Bolognese Sauce recipe. It is Low in Fat and has Low Calories too. There are 3.5 servings of Fruit & Vegetables in this recipe. All you have to do is throw the ingredients in the pan and leave to bubble away, a lovely simple recipe.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 269
- 1 Pack/500g Beef, Mince, Extra Lean, Irish, Asda
- 1 Can/400g Tomatoes, Chopped, Italian, Average
- 400g Passata, Smooth, Asda
- 1 Cube/5.8g Stock Cubes, Beef, Dry Weight, Oxo
- 6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 125g Onions, Red, Raw, Average
- 125g Carrots, Raw, Asda
- 1 Lge/164g Peppers, Sweet, Red, Raw
- 1 Tsp/3g Peppers, Chilli, Dried, Flakes, Average
- 1ml Oil, Olive, Spray, Fry Light
- 1 Serving/115g Peas, Frozen, Asda
- 125g Mushrooms, Closed Cup, Asda
- 1 Tsp/5g Mixed Herbs, Average
1) Dry fry the mince in a pan until browned then drain the excess fat through a sieve
2) Chop & fry the onion, garlic & carrots for about 5 mins
3) Add the sliced mushrooms & red pepper, cook for another 5mins
4) Add the mince and stir the ingredients together.
5) Crumble the oxo cube, add the chilli flakes & mixed herbs and stir through.
6) Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, the passata & peas, stir well
7) Simmer for 30 - 40mins
Serve with vegetables, pasta, rice what ever you fancy.
I hope you enjoy it, i do ;-)
|Fruit & Veg||3.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!